The Director of E-Commerce is responsible for providing the overall leadership of the e-commerce strategy as well as overseeing the day-to-day operational aspects of the online, direct to consumer business. Using Web analytics platforms, will design the methods and process to conduct analysis, draw insights and report findings to drive digital business growth. As a strategic thinker with strong analytical skills and ability, translate findings into actionable recommendations and lead the execution. Ensures site experiences are continually optimized to drive subscriber growth while identifying and prioritizing optimization and other opportunities. This position requires extensive experience with online, consumer-facing properties and a deep understanding of analytics, good user experiences, and what drives conversion and retention.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership and oversee the collection and analysis of data and present research, findings, and recommendations to cross-functional teams including marketing, product management, finance and technology.
- Develop strategy aligning with business goals, and manage and oversee Ecommerce Digital marketing initiatives.
- Provide oversight and Identify and prioritize optimization and generate ad hoc and scheduled reports and other pertinent metrics, and developing analytical dashboards and automated reporting.
- Partner with key stakeholders to ensure data accuracy and consistency and provide actionable insights.
- Segment traffic to understand and optimize user experience and conversion based on source, channel, visitor frequency, tenure, demographics, etc.
- Overall site management responsible for managing the consumer website, developing and executing digital communication strategies, driving site traffic and linking content with relevant social media platforms to ultimately drive and increase online revenue.
- Lead the efforts to manage tagging including overall strategy, implementation, and best practices.
- Use analytics to inform projects and drive product decisions pre- and post-launch, coupled with a good understanding of best practices and what works well.
- Work with product management team to supplement quantitative analysis with qualitative methodologies including surveys, user testing, and focus groups.
- Immediate management responsibilities
- Will be responsible for developing a strategic roadmap for the future growth of a core B2C team
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in quantitative field of study and/or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years experience in an analytics role for an online or e-commerce website.
- 3+ years proven management / strategy development experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS AND ABILITIES)
- Experience in site optimization using an A/B test environment.
- Experience growing subscription-based products
- Proven track record of building analytics strategies and teams from the group up
- Proven track record of configuring analytics platforms, tagging, and segmentation and distilling results for presentation and review.
- Expert knowledge of Google Analytics or other Web analytics platforms
- Ability to lead a team, and experience working with engineering, marketing, and creative staff in a fast-paced agile environment
- Solid communication, critical thinking, problem solving, and project management skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Self directed operating with passion, urgency, focus and discipline.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Pet-friendly office environment with extensive use of computer.