At Vets First Choice we are changing the way veterinarians do business. Our team helps veterinarians grow their pharmacy and engage with their pet owners every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a professional that is seeking a highly visible role within our Pharmacy team. This position is located in Omaha, Nebraska working with a dynamic and energetic team of individuals.
The Inventory Lead is responsible to record and maintain control of all inventory items purchased and produced verifying all incoming and outgoing shipments. The role also ensures compliance with established internal control procedures.
The Inventory Lead will have the ability to lead in the following capacities.
- Manages inventory:
- Compiles and maintains records of product quantity, type and value, posting appropriate information to our systems and ensuring proper stocks at all times;
- Create and maintain new bin locations;
- Communicates with Procurement regarding problems such as short dates and outdates in order to keep adequate and accurate inventory levels.
- Initiates and performs cycle counts to reconcile computerized inventory against physical count of stock; adjusts errors; researches, investigates and/or reports discrepancies.
- Verifies items for accuracy, damage, dates and lots; prepares lists of depleted and damaged or defective product.
- Maintains an efficient and organized stock room/warehouse where products are stored according to specifications.
- Moves received stock into designated inventory areas, ensuring products are shelved in a timely manner to expedite the filling of daily orders.
- Facilitates regular, proactive communication with appropriate parties regarding inventory situations.
- Performs additional duties necessitated by job or as requested by management, such as assisting with employee training, monitoring supplies, download temperature monitors, etc.
- Works within and meets all established departmental production standards.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate degree or Bachelor degree preferred
- 5+ years warehouse experience
- 2+ years specializing in inventory control management
- Experience in leading yearly inventory.
- Experience in operating RF scanners.
- Knowledge of inventory control procedures, preferably in a veterinary products environment
- Proven experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Proven experience in inventory management control programs including AS400, NetSuite, SAP
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively prioritize tasks.
- Able to work well in both independent and group settings.
- Ablity to train and provide leadership to a team.
- Attention to detail, good organizational skills, and ability to multi-task.
- Strong mathematics and computer skills are essential.
- Familiarity with general warehouse environment and materials handling equipment.
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn and assist in other job duties.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to read picking tickets and labels on products.
- Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with co-workers.
- Must be able to operate PC & telephone.
- Must be able to operate a hand jack and other materials handling equipment.
- Occasionally must be able to exert up to 70 pounds of force and/or frequently exerting up to 50 pounds of force, and/or constantly up to 30 pounds of force to move objects.