The Purchasing Specialist will form an integral part of the Supply Chain function in the achievement of objectives related to purchasing, inventory management, vendor management and cost savings. The successful candidate will support the planning, scheduling, procurement of materials and services from vendors. The position will take a proactive approach in reviewing current systems and procedures, making recommendations to our Supply Chain Manager for continual process improvements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Working with vendors to procure desired products as required by production schedules and demand plan
- Comparing prices and availability from multiple vendors and assessing the best vendor to work with
- Support the implementation of new products and the maintenance of existing products through online channels and backend support systems
- Ability to work with operating areas to review standards, processes and procedures to maximize efficiencies and identify potential areas for improvement.
- Analyze data to identify trends and develop solutions
- Performs ongoing research into variety of purchasing-related areas, including competitor products and pricing and customer patterns and trends.
- Interact with other teams to develop new product services, programs and offers
- Assists development and implements product related strategies, specifications, profitability analyses and revenue projections, coordinating with engineering, customer service, sales, finance and other areas as necessary.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree or related work experience.
- 2 – 3 years experience; with experience in animal health, pharmaceutical or chemical manufacturing industries preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in: Advanced Excel, Internet, MS Office, etc.
- Knowledge of veterinary products & services preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS AND ABILITIES)
- Highly organized and sharp attention to detail; ability to organize processes, data and documents.
- Ability to set and meet goals and deadlines; sense of urgency to complete tasks.
- Strong computer proficiency: Internet, MS Office, including advanced Excel, etc.
- Excellent customer service skills; ability to anticipate customer needs.
- Flexibility, creativity and ability to work in a fast-growing environment.
- Ability to initiate own work schedule; can work under little supervision.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Pet friendly office environment with extensive use of computer.