The Senior Accountant is a member of the accounting team and responsible for producing accurate financial information, thorough analysis of that information and effective management of revenue, receivable, and various accounting functions. In addition, this position serves as the lead in projects to automate manual processes creating efficiency and process improvements throughout the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs month-end, quarterly and year-end closings journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Month end reconciliations including inventory received not billed/not credited, credit card, credit card suspense, deposits, ST/LT leases, intangibles, and accrued expenses.
- Processes and gathers support for fixed asset capitalization, depreciation, and roll forwards.
- Processes and gathers support for prepaid expenses including amortization and reconciliation.
- Reviews vendor bills, credit card purchases, and expense reimbursements for accuracy and completeness.
- General Ledger review to ensure completeness of GL data and transactions and to identify MoM, YoY, and quarterly trends.
- Leadership role to ensure accounting procedures are compliant with GAAP and with requirements for contract review and documentation.
- Analyzes trends, costs, financial commitments and obligations incurred to predict future expenses. Provides analysis and insight in assisting with expense forecasting projections.
- Lead department projects, including developing and maintaining timelines and check-lists for multiple projects to ensure issues are addressed, deliverables and appropriate journal entries are completed timely, etc.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience.
- 5 - 7 years related accounting experience and/or training.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
COMPETENCIES (Skills and Abilities)
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounting software; experience with NetSuite ERP a plus.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP.
- Intermediate to advanced-Excel skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with competing demands for resources
- Strong customer service skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Pet friendly environment.
- Normal office environment with extensive use of computer.