Vets First Choice is the nation’s largest veterinary-partner pharmacy, providing vets and their clients with cost effective home delivery service of medications and food. VFC is licensed in all 50 states with the highest quality accreditation possible – ensuring the safest products for our pet customers and their loving owners. In 2013, Vets First Choice was named #24 on the Inc 500 Fastest Growing Companies list. And, we are still growing!!
We are currently seeking Full Time Certified Pharmacy Technicians for our Closed Door Pharmacy, at our Omaha NE location. We are looking for candidates who have a flexible work schedule Sunday through Friday (8:00 AM - 7:00 PM), with shifts to be determined based on business needs.
Under general supervision of a licensed pharmacist, and in accordance with standard departmental procedures, prepare medication for animal consumption. Supports the company mission, vision, and values.
- Performs duties assigned by a licensed pharmacist. Areas of work are checked routinely for maintenance of quality control.
- Work is conducted in accordance with generally accepted standards of practice following departmental procedures and policies.
- Read and interpret veterinarian orders received in pharmacy and transcribe same onto a pharmacy computer medication profile.
- Prepare in accordance with standards of pharmacy practice compounds for use under direct pharmacist supervision.
- Prepare in accordance with pharmacy law and standards of pharmacy practice, prescriptions to be dispensed after pharmacist approval.
- Check and remove outdated meds on a routine basis to ensure that no deteriorated meds are in stock. Keep appropriate records.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Perform basic math sufficient to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measurement correctly and consistently.
- Operate a calculator proficiently.
- Interact with computer software via a keyboard.
- Pay attention to details and retain information readily.
- Read, comprehend, and translate regulations & laws into understandable instructions.
- Communicate verbally in a professional manner with co-workers, shareholders and other contacts.
- Function effectively as a team player.
- Knowledge of basic principles, theories and laws, policies and procedures that pertain to compounding
- Exhibit punctuality and low absenteeism
- Knowledge of mail order pharmacy.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Pharmacy Technician experience preferred
- High School diploma or GED
- Registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the State of Nebraska
Must be able to read reports and computer screen, hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, walk and stand for extended periods of time, operate computer & telephone, and occasionally lift objects up to 50 pounds.