The Key Account Manager (KAM) is the initial point-of-contact for strategic practice partners. The KAM is responsible for building relationships with practice ownership and management teams; utilizing enhanced selling, territory management, and business planning capabilities to maximize sales performance within the assigned geography. The KAM is responsible for aligning with account managers to identify business growth/development opportunities within the respective territories.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Represent VFC and be responsible for business growth and development within assigned region and other strategic growth initiatives.
- Identifies and understands the unique business goals and drivers of each Key Account, coordinating between the practice and VFC operations, marketing, IT, training, finance, and account management teams.
- Develop and execute sales strategies to revenue growth, increase customer base and identify new business opportunities. Propose and implement penetration into new markets.
- Develops strategic initiatives that are aligned to the needs of the assigned region. Meeting account conversion and assigned revenue goals by influencing behavioral changes, contract negotiations and alignment of VFC resources to meet the needs of the account.
- Personally manage customer accounts via direct interaction at all levels of the sales process including proactive follow up for future needs.
- Develop an understanding of competitive landscape and pricing.
- In conjunction with marketing, develop and implement strategic growth initiatives.
- Meet growth objectives both overall and for key products via new account penetration.
- Research, develop, and deliver seminars aimed at strategic objectives.
- Prepare monthly sales forecasts and other competitive analysis, and prepare customer business reviews on annual/quarterly/monthly basis.
- Use Salesforce and other CRM tools and systems to relay timely updates and other relevant information to sales and marketing teams.
- Educate customers about features and benefits of products in order to improve product related sales and customer satisfaction.
- Build relationships with Key Account practice personnel and develop collaborative relationships at all levels.
- Organize, plan and execute VFC sponsorship and participation at strategic national and regional sales meetings.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant direct years of sales experience.
- 5+ years in veterinary sales or marketing experience.
- 3+ years demonstrated experience in Key Account Management.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
COMPETENCIES (Skills and Abilities)
- Proficient in CRM software, MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Strong presentation, communication and relationship-building skills are essential.
- Ability to Travel up to 50% of the time.
- Negotiation skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proven business and financial acumen with budgeting and forecasting experience.
- Customer-focused professional demeanor and presentation style.
- Strong knowledge of customer segmentation and the market; keeping up to date on key competitors with responsiveness to the needs and customer expectations.
- Promotion/program development and evaluation required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.